Are you a fan of Papa George’s healthy and delicious lamb and pork products? Have you been using Papa George’s products in some of your favorite recipes? If so, you can enter the Papa George’s Recipe Contest to let other Papa George’s fans in on your favorite way to prepare our wide variety of prepared food products. Simply submit your entry and you can share your favorite recipe with our customers and gather a few new ones while you are at it. You can also link us to a video that we can feature on our site of you creating your favorite Papa George’s Meal!
Here are the details on two of the most recent recipe contest winners:
Hot Lamb Pilaf (Serves 4)
- 2 12-oz Papa George’s 85% lean Pure American Ground Lamb
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cup of rice
- ¼ cup of pine nuts or unsalted pistachio
- 2 cups of chicken broth or water and stock cubes
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup water (approximately)
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Sauté the pine nuts or pistachios in butter and remove from pan. Sauté the onion and garlic until they are golden brown. Add the Papa George’s ground lamb and spices. Cook thoroughly for 5 minutes, stirring often to break up meat, until browned. Add rice (previously washed and drained). Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until rice is opaque. Add the chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 15 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Enjoy!
Italian Sausage Vegetable Soup (Serves 12-16)
- 2 lbs of Papa George’s Reduced Fat Italian Pork Sausage
- 2 medium onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 small zucchini, (about 1 lb.), diced
- 2 green bell peppers, seed and membranes removed, diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 10 cups chicken broth (80 ounces)
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice shaped pasta)
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Brown the sausage in a heavy Dutch oven or large saucepan, mashing it with the back of a spoon until the meat is no longer pink. Add the onions and garlic and continue to cook. Stirring, until soft but not browned. Add carrots, zucchini, peppers, wine, chicken broth, tomatoes, basil and oregano and bring to a boil. When the soup is boiling, add orzo and cook for 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If desired, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each serving. Can be served immediately, or cooled and refrigerated overnight and reheated. Can also be frozen.
We’re looking forward to this year’s contest entries. Who knows, your entry may be this year’s winner! For more information about Papa George’s wide variety of pork and lamb products, send us an email at email@example.com or follow us on Facebook.